WHAT'S NEW?
Loading...

Kali Linux Tutorial - Keep your laptop running when you close the lid

 

 

I wanted to run some software on my laptop but I wanted to close the lid of my laptop so it would be easier to carry with me but every time when I closed the lid my laptop went to sleep
and stopped everything what it was doing =( I didn’t find any settings from Kali Linux GUI but you can do some small command line kung fu:
This setting disable the sleep mode when your laptop charger is plugged in and you close the lid:
?
1
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power lid-close-ac-action nothing
And this one disable the sleep mode when you are running your laptop on battery mode:
?
1
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power lid-close-battery-action nothing
After that your laptop should stay a wake even if you close the lid =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment